Thursday, February 04, 2016

Back from HK and Beijing

W Window of Beijing South Cathedral
Back from a fascinating and largley un-bloggable trip to HK and Beijing. Attended the Asia Global Dialogue in HK, particularly because my friends Andrew Sheng and Mike Spence were key figures in it, and what they said was very thought-provoking.

On Sunday I sang in the South Cathedral English Language Choir in Beijing - just as well I turned up becasue I was the only tenor!  As always it was a joyful and uplifting occasion. The sermon was about how we should not fix our eyes and hopes on worldly success.

Weather in Beijing was remarkably good - clear blue skies and not too cold.  Lots of very productive meetings that sadly I can't talk about.

Although China is fascinating it's great to be back home!


No comments: